WHAT: Five-year apprenticeship programs. Starting pay is 45% of Journeyworker wage ($16.40/hr average), plus full family health insurance, pension, partial dental & vision insurance, and $50,000 life insurance. Apprentices are awarded raises every 12 months, progressing to Journeyworker wages at the end of five years. ($36.45/hr average plus $26.02 in benefits.)
Plumber Application: 1st Tuesday of every month from 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Steamfitter Application: 2nd Tuesday of every month from 9:00AM to 6:00PM
HVAC Application: 3rd Tuesday of every month from 9:00AM to 6:00PM
WHERE: Local 22’s union headquarters, located at 120 Gardenville Pkwy West Seneca, NY 14224. Applications may also be picked up at various New York State Job Service Centers:
- Niagara ‘s WorksourceOne One Stop Career Center 101 Eleventh St Niagara Falls, NY 14301
- Lockport WorksourceOne Center 272 S. Transit Rd Lockport, NY 14094
- Chautauqua Works 407 Central Ave Dunkirk, NY 14048
- Cattauraugus Career Center 175 North Union Street Suite #4 Olean, NY 14760
- Jamestown Career Center 4 E. 3rd Street Jamestown, NY 14701
- Allegany County Employment and Training Center 7 Wells Lane Belmont, NY 14813
- Genesee County Career Center 587 East Main St Suite 100 Eastown Plaza Batavia, NY 14020
- Warsaw Career Center 448 North main St Warsaw, NY 14569
- Orleans Center for Workforce Development 458 West Avenue, Suite #3 Albion, NY 14411
- Wyoming County Community Action 6470 Route 20A Perry, NY 14530
WHO QUALIFIES: Applicants must:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid NYS drivers license in order to operate any company vehicle and have reliable transportation to/from worksites and school.
- Attest that he/she can physically perform the work.
- Pass ‘WorkKeys®’ achievement tests in Applied Math, Workplace Documents & Graphic Literacy (must obtain a minimum score of 4 out of 7 in each category in order to be selected for interview)
- Be a resident of the jurisdiction of Local 22 (attached)
- Pass a drug screen test (at the expense of Local 22) after selection.
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS: After the application is received, the applicant is assigned an appointment for an orientation and achievement tests. After passing the achievement tests, the applicant attends an interview, and points are awarded to each qualified applicant based on education, skills, experience and the score on the interview according to NYS DOL Form AT 508. The scores are used to establish a ranking list from which apprentices are drawn.
When our employers need apprentices, and all apprentices already in the program are working, we accept applicants into the program from the ranking list. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict when that will occur since the demand for help depends on market forces that cannot be foreseen.
Local 22/JAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Plan is in place and filed with the New York State Department of Labor.
For any additional information or any questions you can reach the Local 22 Training Center at 716-668-8500 or by email at email@example.com.
THE CANDIDATE MUST BE A RESIDENT OF THE TOWNS WITHIN THE COUNTIES LISTED BELOW:
|Zone A||Erie||All townships in the county|
|Zone A||Genesee||Townships of Alabama, Oakfield, Elba, Pembroke, Batavia, Darien, and Alexander|
|Zone B||Niagara||All townships in the county|
|Zone B||Orleans||Yates, Ridgeway, Shelby|
|Zone C||Wyoming||All townships in the county|
|Zone C||Cattaraugus||All townships in the county|
|Zone C||Chautauqua||All townships in the county|
|Zone C||Allegany||Townships of Allen, Alma, Amity, Angelica, Belfast, Bolivar, Caneadea, Centerville, Clarksville, Cuba, Friendship, Genesee, Granger, Hume, New Hudson, Rushford, Scio, and Wirt|